Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

there should have been video

I did a pull up. *A* pull up. Okay, technically, *a* chinup, which is easier. Plus, I needed a crate in order to reach the low pullup bar, proving once and for all my Y is discriminatory against short people. (Yeah, yeah, yeah, they do supply crates, I know.)

I continue to maintain I could have done more than one if I hadn't attempted my lil feat of strength at the end of my back workout when my pitiful little lat muscles were already spent. Excuses, excuses. But, seriously, since I have never in my entire life been able to do a chinup/pullup, and since on my first try I was able to crank one out with good form and no flailing around like the girl in my "fail" video, I felt ridiculously pleased with myself. It just seems like something that a fit person should be able to do, y'know?

To reward you for listening to my bragging about trivial matters, here's another song that makes me feel all badass when I'm lifting.


Do you know when you go on youtube, there are almost four decades of live performances of it to choose from? You get this one just 'cause Joe Perry is looking all kinds of Old Man Hot in it. You're welcome.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Should have read ahead but YAY!!! My retrospective faith in your determination was completely justified!

    ReplyDelete