Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, May 4, 2014

in which i do your mother's day shopping for you

Williams Sonoma wanted to sell me a Vitamix S30 Personal Blender, just right for making one smoothie, the to-go-cup for which they helpfully supply with the blender. It's on sale for Mothers Day, bee tee dubs.


That's a beautiful blender right there. Not sure my kitchen's klassy enough to showcase it though, what with my lack of marble countertops and white subway tile.  Good thing, actually, because that fucking blender is $399.95 on sale.  Oh, Williams Sonoma, you so funny.

Then an internet friend who's a Canadian living in Sweden recommended these Freddy brand workout tights.



Those are some nice looking pants right there. Pretty sure my ass isn't klassy enough to showcase them though. Which is also a good thing since they cost $109 American.  No fancy Italian leggings for me!

Moving on to things I *can* afford, there are tank tops with amusing sayings I approve of.





 Not sure which one I like best, but since my Y is a family atmosphere, the one that says ass on it is probably right out.

But since the best things in life are free...


here are a couple blogs that I recently discovered which I think y'all will also enjoy.

Cheaper than Therapy

and Rose Runner's Shitty Blogger series

And then, for extra lulz, a little Game of Thrones humor.



xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I could buy an awful lot of strawberries and lettuce and radishes for $399, and just plain old eat them….

    Mary Anne in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But...but...chewing is so 20th century...

      Delete
  2. Confession: my wife bought me a vitamix a few years ago as a birthday surprise, and at the time I was secretly thinking what a waste of cash! How am I ever going to pretend to like blending shit up enough to justify this? But I gotta say it's kinda awesome. Though I hate to think how many years until it's just costing pennies per smoothy, 'cuz any more than that and I start getting all twitchy just thinking about it again. Let's just hope I live a really really long life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will probably live to be 112, what with all the antioxidants from that fancee fancee blender. But, srsly, Crabby, I would use the hell out of that thing if someone *gifted* me with one. I just think it's hilarious that Williams Sonoma mistakenly thinks I'm the kind of person who could afford one.

      Delete